Working with a moving company is an essential decision to any relocation project. Sure, you can do things on your own; you can simply rent a truck and facilitate the whole hauling process by yourself, but you can also effectively take some load off your back by hiring a professional hauling company to help you with a move.
Companies such as Giraffe Furniture Removals can provide complete relocation services, including packing/unpacking, hauling, transportation, and storage, among others. To meet true success, you have to be very particular with your choice of a removalist. The following are some guidelines you can follow when hiring movers:
- Make sure the removalist company has 3 basic insurance policies that all movers should have – Work Cover, Public Liability, and Transit. The company should be able to provide Certificates of Currency on request for these policies.
- Verify that the company has a street address that you can attend or send correspondence to.
- Get an estimate. Although it may be impossible to give an outright costing until after the service, a good company should be able to give you a rough estimate in terms of time and money. If they know their business well, they can give you a run down of things and give you a report. More or less the final cost will be around the same price, so it will help you set a budget for the move. This is important if you are canvassing prices from different companies. You can meet with them, get a quote, and then make a decision after further comparison.Giraffe Furniture Removals’ online pricing calculator makes getting an estimate easy and fast. By providing a just a few information relevant to the move, such as locations, move size and ease of access, you can get quick and accurate cost estimates.Giraffe Furniture Removals’ online pricing calculator makes getting an estimate easy and fast. By providing a just a few information relevant to the move, such as locations, move size and ease of access, you can get quick and accurate cost estimates.
- Check client feedback. If you are hiring them for the first time and you have no way of knowing how well they perform, you can look into some client feedback posted online. These may be from forums, blogs or various social networking sites. Customers who have good and bad things to say often make time to share what they can, and you can use their feedback to make a final decision about hiring a company.
- Find out about your payment options. After determining how much the service costs, you can also find out how you will be required to pay. Some companies will offer flexible payment options: cash, credit card, debit or cheques. There might be a few who will demand sizable cash deposits or payments and you should be wary of such companies.
- Discuss availability of furniture removals insurance. Some of the things you will have hauled might be valuable so affording proper insurance for these things will help protect your belongings. Accidents can happen and if you wish to be on the safe side, secure an insurance for your transaction.
- Availability of extra service and features. While there are straightforward hauling service offerings, some companies will offer additional features when you avail of their services. They will include boxes, packing accessories, and so forth. These may not seem much but when all the expenses begin to pile up, any opportunity to save will be of true value.
- Quality of service. When you spend for any kind of service, you would want to get your money’s worth. You want to receive the service you are expecting and you want a company who is committed to giving you what you need and more. The job should be done well and the experience should be nothing short of exceptional.