Planning the Move
Planning is essential because it will give you purpose and direction. It keeps everything in place, it helps you avoid problems, and it helps prepare you for the whole process. Fail to do this and all the stress will weigh heavily on you.
- Know your timeline. This is most valuable if you are forced to work in a very tight timeframe. Your move-out date and your move-in date should relate to each other so that the transition is smooth enough. To ensure that your business and any pending transactions are not much affected by the move, you have to make sure that you time everything well.
- Be aware of your deadlines. Apart from calendar issues, there will also be deadlines that you need to fulfill. This will include payment of bills, disconnecting utilities and services and handing the keys to the building owner. Some people forget these things and get caught with penalties. Be aware of your deadlines and plot it on your timetable so that things can go smoothly. Moving, in itself, can be costly so you should avoid unnecessary dues.
- Keep a journal. A journal may seem excessive but you can just keep it simple. Just so you can keep note of things that you have already accomplished, and so that you can track your progress on a day-to-day basis, it would be nice for you to journal every aspect of the move. In this journal, you could also take note of the people whom you worked with, details of inquiries and transactions you have made, and so forth.
- Equip yourself with the right packing supplies. Packing systematically and carefully is important because it is easy to lose track of things during a move. Also, many fragile items get damaged when they are carelessly handled. At the beginning of the packing stages, you have to already know what you will be packing so that you can get boxes (of the right size and number), packing tape, scissors, labels, markers, ropes, plastic wraps and bubble wraps. It is common for people to be running around to and from the supplies store during these stages which can be a big waste of time, effort, and resources.
- Contract a trustworthy moving company. There are a lot of factors to consider when hiring movers. Affordability, quality of service and reputation of the company is important because this will determine the level of satisfaction that you will receive. You want movers who will do a good job of assisting you with the move, without having you pay so much for it. Plan the details of the move with the company. Discuss the details of the move with your moving company. Provide them with the address, the date of the move and give them an idea of the kind of things you are going to haul. It is important that you are in complete sync with the movers. Giraffe Furniture Removals provides comprehensive, quality relocation services at affordable rates!
These are only a few things that you can consider looking into. The whole point is for you to be organised and to be as throroughly planned as possible to make the move as pleasant, stress-free, and cost efficient, as possible. Good luck!